List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: problem in kdelibs.po
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-12-13 11:17:23

Andrea Rizzi wrote:

> Hi
> in kdelibs.po I have to translate:
> msgid "Do you really want to delete the %1 \"%2\" ? "
> I see the Qt code that use this string
> dialog/qfiledialog.cpp and %1 is the type of the "filename"
> %2. Where type maybe directory,file or symlink.
> In italy we use different article for these 3 words:
>
> the directory is LA directory
> the file is IL file
> the symlink is IL symlink.
>
> So I cannot translate this string where "the" is typeindipendent.
>
> P.S.
> I think other languages may have the same problem.

Yes, german for example too. I would translate it this very
problem with "to delete the object \"%2\"?" maybe adding
"of type %1".

I forwarded this mail to kde-core-devel as this is a
code problem.

Greetings, Stephan

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.