List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    problem in kdelibs.po
From:       Andrea Rizzi <rizzi () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-12-13 8:39:39

Hi
in kdelibs.po I have to translate:
msgid "Do you really want to delete the %1 \"%2\" ? "
I see the Qt code that use this string
dialog/qfiledialog.cpp and %1 is the type of the "filename"
%2. Where type maybe directory,file or symlink.
In italy we use different article for these 3 words:

the directory is LA directory
the file is IL file
the symlink is IL symlink.

So I cannot translate this string where "the" is typeindipendent.

P.S.
I think other languages may have the same problem.

Bye

Andrea

--
Registered Linux User No.71426  |       ***  KDE Project  ***
        Andrea Rizzi		|  http://www.kde.org/