List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: docs
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <th.diehl () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-06-02 18:55:42

On Wed, 02 Jun 1999 16:46:00 +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:

>> http://xtalk.price.ru/SGML/TEItools/index-en.html
>>
>> I can contact with him also, but I think, to get the right answer you have
>> to ask the right question, so, it is better if you will contact with him
>> personally.

>Hmm, this page is _very_ slow.

Probably just a temporary hitch. While the page isn't too fast here, it
isn't too slow either. And more important: I think Dima is right about
this guy. Just try again.

>There aren't so many questions, just
>if it's possible to create a nicer mapping for docbook to HTML.

Would you prefer that _I_ ask him for you? ;)

>DocBook
>looks nice and is the defacto standard for documentation. We have tools
>to convert our existing SGML sources to DocBook - what's left is a
>mapping for HTMl, so that it doesn't look so damn boring.

Well it just looks like non-fiction stuff traditionally was supposed to
look -- very anxious not to "distract from the contents". And while I
wouldn't object against bringing in a _few_ more pleasing details into
the layout I would maintain that the overall impression is more
professional than what we have now. And I don't even think this is only
due to the fact that the GNOME guide is apparently much better
illustrated, more to the point and less prone to flat jokes than a lot
of what I'm seeing in existing KDE documentation. I also can't wait to
get rid of our present navigation bars without spaces between the their
elements. ;)

Thomas