List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: docs
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1999-06-02 14:46:00

dim wrote:

> > I read a bunch of docbooks and sgmltools docs,
> > but I don't know how to do it the right way.
> > And now that sgmltools.org closed, I have no
> > idea at all besides than using raw docbook.
>
> Stephan,
>
> There is one guy in Russia, who works closely with SGML documentation and
> "translation" of sgml to various text formates. He is an author of a
> TEI-tools package. May be it has sense to speak with him.
> To get an idea who he is and what is his work, visit his page:
>
> http://xtalk.price.ru/SGML/TEItools/index-en.html
>
> I can contact with him also, but I think, to get the right answer you have
> to ask the right question, so, it is better if you will contact with him
> personally.

Hmm, this page is _very_ slow. There aren't so many questions, just
if it's possible to create a nicer mapping for docbook to HTML. DocBook
looks nice and is the defacto standard for documentation. We have tools
to convert our existing SGML sources to DocBook - what's left is a
mapping
for HTMl, so that it doesn't look so damn boring.

Greetings, Stephan

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.