List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    kde i18n probs. [was Re: Doc Coordinator]
From:       Juraj Bednar <bednar () isternet ! sk>
Date:       1999-05-28 16:01:47

Hello,

>Definitely. In the past, I found it always problematic that we never
>knew if somebody took the time to respond to people who showed up here
>and offered new languages or told us about problems they had to get
>started.

I always respond to everyone, who shows up. We often halt on issues like : we
use chars, that are allocated in unicode, but there's no standardized charset
for it (Vietnameese, Tamil, some other indian languages).

>We can't expect a Coordinator to know everything about every foreign
>character set or whatever the specific problem might be. But I would at
>least expect that (s)he tries to come up with something. And that we
>(or a workgroup) hear about it if the problem remains.

Well, I answer the mail every time and then ask Stephan, if we can support the
language, if I figure out, they use some non-latin stuff ;).

   Juraj.