List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Web Translation tool
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2024-03-29 20:44:13

El dimecres, 27 de març de 2024, a les 14:07:00 (CET), Carl Schwan va
escriure:
> On Wednesday, March 27, 2024 12:12:01 AM CET Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > El dijous, 21 de març de 2024, a les 0:49:17 (CET), Carl Schwan va
escriure:
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >
> > > A few days ago, I suddenly got the motivation to look into building a
> > > small
> > > web tool for our translation designed in a way that it can coexist with
> > > the
> > > current workflow. It was also an excuse to learn a bit of Rust 🦀 and to
> > > refresh my knowledge on VueJs :)
> > >
> > > The idea is to have a simple website allowing people to login with their
> > > gitlab account and then let them edit the po files with a web ui. For
> > > KDE
> > > developers/translators, it would allow to either publish their changes
> > > immediately to SVN or save their changes inside the database to allow
> > > someone else to review them. For non kde developers, only after a review
> > > would the change be allowed to be merged in SVN.
> >
> > How would that work when we rename files (doesn't happen a lot, but it
> > does
> > happen from time to time).
>
> My plan is to just run `svn pull` regularly. The list of language and
> components in the web interface is computed at run time from the directory
> structures with a small cache for the translation stats of the po files.

What about this scenario:

 * Someone (not a developer) does a "web translation" of a string in kpdf.po
 * We rename kpdf.po to okular.po

What happens to that "web translation", my guess is that without extra support
it just "gets lost in hyperspace".

Cheers,
  Albert