List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Web Translation tool
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2024-03-29 20:41:42

El dimecres, 27 de març de 2024, a les 11:20:58 (CET), Carl Schwan va
escriure:
> On Friday, March 22, 2024 11:46:23 PM CET Josep M. Ferrer wrote:
>
> Thanks for the really helpful information
>
> > Sorry, I don't know Rust nor VueJs, so I can't help with programming
> > tasks. But I can give you some feedback:
> >
> > - In this stage, this tool only works with summit environment, but I
> > estimate that only 50% or less of KDE translation teams work with
> > summit. It can be possible to use the usual branches (stable/trunk) for
> > non-summit teams?
>
> I could add support for non-summit workflow, through this will add some
> complexity both in term of code as well as in the UX. But is there a reason
> why some teams don't use the summit workflow? Having only one version of a
> file to manage sounds easier.

Because translating master (and summit as a consequence) is sometimes chasing
a never ending stream of changes that may not ever be released because code
gets changed, strings tweaked, added/removed, etc. So for some teams they
prefer to focus on things that are closer to released status.

Cheers,
  Albert