List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Roadmap for migration of translations from SVN to Git
From:       Karl Ove Hufthammer <karl () huftis ! org>
Date:       2020-08-18 18:23:54

Luigi Toscano skreiv 18.08.2020 00:13:
> his means also automating posummit (scatter, summit,
> gathering) and moving everyone to it (so that the amount of directories each
> team needs to touch reduces to one, less issues)

I think moving all teams to summit is a nice idea. It's easier for teams
to deal with *one* branch than with several different ones (l10n-kf5,
l10n-kf5-plasma-lts, l10n-kde4), all containing different versions of
basically the same translation files.

Speaking as the coordinator for three teams that use the summit
workflow, one thing I like is getting to decide *when* to merge the
translations files with the templates. Since I do the merge when noone
is doing any translations, this obviates the need to be able to handle
merge conflicts (which are much harder to handle with Git than with SVN,
BTW).

The teams are also using some custom merge settings
(https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-support/scripts/summit_helpers_NO.py?view=log).
It would be a shame if such team-specific customisations are lost.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer