List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Roadmap for migration of translations from SVN to Git
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2020-08-17 22:13:58

Alexander Potashev ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I've just written down a potential roadmap for migrating KDE
> translations into Git - https://phabricator.kde.org/T13514 - those are
> just ideas off the top of my head. Feel free to comment, suggest
> improvements and add more requirements.
>
> I don't have specific plans on working on any of the items mentioned
> in the roadmap yet. Just feeling that having the requirements all
> listed on a Phabricator task is a good idea that would keep us all on
> the same page. And when someone asks about Git migration, we can
> direct them to the task and be done.

Thanks.

As I commented, I personally disagree with that roadmap:
- while testing the new system in parallel makes sense, keeping two systems in
parallel is a no go. So big-bang change for all teams.
- the first requirement is not even the migration of the current scripty to
git (which will happen anyway), but the point 4, discussed elsewhere: make
sure all the moves are automated and no human intervention is needed (like
tracing renamed) This means also automating posummit (scatter, summit,
gathering) and moving everyone to it (so that the amount of directories each
team needs to touch reduces to one, less issues) or scrapping it completely if
some web solution can do the sync automatically among all branches.
This is the first and most important requirement.

--
Luigi