List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    T13514: Migrate KDE translations to Git
From:       Karl Ove Hufthammer <noreply () phabricator ! kde ! org>
Date:       2020-08-18 18:26:09

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

huftis added a comment.

  Additional comment (by me) from the mailing list:

  I think moving all teams to summit is a nice idea. It's easier for teams to deal \
with **one** branch than with several different ones (l10n-kf5, l10n-kf5-plasma-lts, \
l10n-kde4), all containing different versions of basically the same translation \
files.
  Speaking as the coordinator for three teams that use the summit workflow, one thing \
I like is getting to decide **when** to merge the translations files with the \
templates. Since I do the merge when noone is doing any translations, this obviates \
the need for being able to handle merge conflicts (which are much harder to handle \
with Git than with SVN, BTW).
  The teams are also using some custom merge settings \
(https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-support/scripts/summit_helpers_NO.py?view=log). It \
would be a shame if such team-specific customisations are lost.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T13514

To: huftis
Cc: huftis, rempt, kamathraghavendra, thiagosueto, #localization, dkazakov, nalvarez, \
aacid, pino, ltoscano, aspotashev, fbampaloukas, sdepiets, skadinna, pshinjo