List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kde-i18n-doc Digest, Vol 209, Issue 10
From:       Alexander Potashev <aspotashev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-08-17 20:43:58

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 4:32 PM Slimane Selyan Amiri
<selyan.kab@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm part of the kabyle team behind the localization of LinuxMint in the kabyle \
> language, I found out that Kde doesn't have a cordinator and mailing list for the  \
> kabyle locale, I'd like to become the cordinator and create a mailing list for \
> local kabyle I'd like to be guided to start localizing kde in kabyle thank you

Hi,

I've just checked https://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=kab and
found that there's currently no Kabyle translations at all for KDE
software.

As the first step in setting up the team you need to contribute
translations of a few .po files for KDE Frameworks 5 (KF5) modules,
accounting for 1000 or more messages in total.
The KF5 modules are named the same as the list of directories here:
https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/repo-metadata/-/tree/master/projects-invent/frameworks

- that is "attica", "baloo", etc.

I would recommend picking and translating those KF5 modules that are
widely used by KDE applications, for example:
 - kcoreaddons: 177 messages - find .pot files in
https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/kcoreaddons/
 - kconfig: 105 msgs
 - kconfigwidgets: 122 msgs
 - kio: 1747 msgs - it's okay to translate it partially because this
one along is bigger than 1000 msgs
 - ktextwidgets: 131 msgs

Please download the .pot templates from
https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/, rename the
files as .po, translate them and send back into this mailing list.

We are here to help if you have any questions.

--
Alexander Potashev