On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 4:32 PM Slimane Selyan Amiri wrote: > Hello, > I'm part of the kabyle team behind the localization of LinuxMint in the k= abyle language, I found out that Kde doesn't have a cordinator and mailing = list for the kabyle locale, I'd like to become the cordinator and create a= mailing list for local kabyle I'd like to be guided to start localizing kd= e in kabyle > thank you Hi, I've just checked https://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=3Dkab and found that there's currently no Kabyle translations at all for KDE software. As the first step in setting up the team you need to contribute translations of a few .po files for KDE Frameworks 5 (KF5) modules, accounting for 1000 or more messages in total. The KF5 modules are named the same as the list of directories here: https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/repo-metadata/-/tree/master/projects-invent= /frameworks - that is "attica", "baloo", etc. I would recommend picking and translating those KF5 modules that are widely used by KDE applications, for example: - kcoreaddons: 177 messages - find .pot files in https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/kcoreaddons/ - kconfig: 105 msgs - kconfigwidgets: 122 msgs - kio: 1747 msgs - it's okay to translate it partially because this one along is bigger than 1000 msgs - ktextwidgets: 131 msgs Please download the .pot templates from https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/, rename the files as .po, translate them and send back into this mailing list. We are here to help if you have any questions. --=20 Alexander Potashev