List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Does any team localize years in dates - was - Re: Help needed: staying flexible with copyright y
From:       Shinjo Park <kde () peremen ! name>
Date:       2019-10-30 20:16:11

2019년 10월 29일 화요일 오후 11시 37분 8초 CET에 Albert Astals Cid 님이 쓴 글:

> Right, so your second question is really for the translators in the list,
> does any of you localize the dates to the "most common calendar system on
> the language"? like
>
>     "Copyright 1999-2019"
> would be
>     "Copyright 1377-1397"
> in the Persian calendar system (or maybe 1378-1398 since the years don't
> align)
>
> Or do you all just keep the original years?

We are keeping copyright notice including year as a verbatim copy of original
string in Korean (GNOME Korean translation also does this [1]). Just checked
Traditional Chinese and Japanese string where usage of era name [2] is still
visible, they also seems keeping years as is.

[1] https://github.com/changwoo/ko-po-check/blob/
6f5c1b6d60219d99729561faedb5d8f8067f327f/tests/test-convention_copyright.po
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regnal_year