List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Better naming for KIO-Slaves
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2019-08-12 11:28:56

> [: Guo Yunhe :]
> It is really hard to give "KIO-Slaves" a proper translation in Chinese.
> "Slave" is a bad word in any language. The word hurts people's eyes.

You can (and should) choose the translation that you see fit for Chinese,
regardless of what it is called in English. For example, in Serbian we chose
a word that when back-translated literally to English would mean
approximately "Grasp" (i.e. KIO-Grasp).

Changing the term used in English would be an unrelated action.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)