List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Wants to join & contribute open source initiative....
From:       Guntupalli Karunakar <karunakar () indlinux ! org>
Date:       2019-02-04 8:21:11

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 18:05:01 +0530
Sukalyan Banga wrote:

> > > *Now I wants to join & contribute open source initiative....*
> > > *Plz suggest the best...*
> >
> > If you want to translate both the Bengali and Hindi translations
> > for KDE software need help.
> >
> > The last translation for Hindi was in 2018-03-02 by Karunakar
> > Guntupalli (in CC)
> >
> > The translations for Bengali have been dormant for a long time,
> > so i'd suggest you start with Hindi, where there may be someone
> > to help you with the quirks of contributing and then if you have
> > spare time you continue with Bengali.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Albert
> >
> > ###################
>
> Ok,
>
> I will start with Hindi first......
> Plz guide me....
> Thanks
> Sukalyan Banga

There is a short guide (a bit old though)
https://www.indlinux.org/wiki/index.php/TranslatorsHowTo

You can start from here. Better with stable since you can replace
compiled mo in system to check your translation in application.
https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable-kf5/team/hi/

I would say you can begin with this file.
http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/branches/stable/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/extragear-edu/gcompris_voices.pot

Go through the other PO files already done, to get idea of language
and terminology.
https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable-kf5/team/hi/extragear-edu/

Also go through this style guide & terminology.
http://fuelproject.org/newlook/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/fuel-translation-style-and-convention-guide-hi.pdf

Regards,
Karunakar