List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Wants to join & contribute open source initiative....
From:       Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2019-01-15 12:56:08

вівторок, 15 січня 2019 р. 14:35:01 EET Sukalyan Banga написано:
> > > *Now I wants to join & contribute open source initiative....*
> > > *Plz suggest the best...*
> >
> > If you want to translate both the Bengali and Hindi translations for KDE
> > software need help.
> >
> > The last translation for Hindi was in 2018-03-02 by Karunakar Guntupalli
> > (in CC)
> >
> > The translations for Bengali have been dormant for a long time, so i'd
> > suggest you start with Hindi, where there may be someone to help you with
> > the quirks of contributing and then if you have spare time you continue
> > with Bengali.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> >   Albert
> >
> > ###################
>
> Ok,
>
> I will start with Hindi first......
> Plz guide me....
> Thanks
> Sukalyan Banga

Hi,

We have a not-so-short guide:

https://l10n.kde.org/docs/translation-howto/

In short,

1. Show us that you can do valid translations. Translate something and send it
to our coordinator:

Luigi Toscano <ltoscano@redhat.com>

The unfinished translations can be downloaded from our localization site:

https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/team/hi/

Most of KDE translators use Lokalize for their translations:

https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kdesdk/lokalize/index.html

2. Create SSH key and apply for KDE account:

https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/
Get_a_Developer_Account#Apply_for_a_KDE_Developer_account

3. Checkout Hindi branch with some Subversion client (KdeSVN on *NIX or
TortoiseSVN on Windows).

Translate and commit your translations (they will be synced with the current
code every day).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri