List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Addition of a new po for GCompris
From:       Johnny Jazeix <jazeix () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-01-31 21:27:37

Hi,

if you can get/record the voices it would be really great but the words
translation is enough to play the activity (voices are never mandatory to
play an activity).
We have a separate repository for all the "external" data:
https://cgit.kde.org/gcompris-data.git/. Among other things, it contains
all the recorded voices provided by contributors.
A video of one of the impacted activity with the voices is here:
https://vimeo.com/130224229
If there are no voices for the selected locale, the last part is not
displayed (which is the part where the child has to find the word from the
audio) but the child can still play most of the activity.
Nevertheless, having the translation of the words is already a great step
to have a first introduction to the language.

If you know people interested to provide voices, we have a page introducing
to voice recording: https://gcompris.net/wiki/Voice_translation_Qt and a
page containing the status for all the locales:
https://gcompris.net/voicestats/.

Thank you,

Johnny