List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Contextx in Zanshin
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2016-04-13 14:33:50

написане Wed, 13 Apr 2016 10:16:50 +0300, Burkhard Lück
<lueck@hube-lueck.de>:

> Am Wednesday 13 April 2016, 08:30:50 schrieb Yuri Chornoivan:
>> написане Wed, 13 Apr 2016 00:20:41 +0300, Frederik Schwarzer
>>
>> <schwarzer@kde.org>:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > in Zanshin there are, for instance, the following strings:
>> >
>> > Context: Presentation::ContextPageModel|
>> > "Cannot move task %1 as sub-task of %2"
>> >
>> > Context: Presentation::ProjectPageModel|
>> > "Cannot move task %1 as a sub-task of %2"
>> >
>> > Context: Presentation::TaskInboxPageModel|
>> > "Cannot move task %1 as sub-task of %2"
>> >
>> > Context: Presentation::WorkdayPageModel|
>> > "Cannot move task %1 as sub-task of %2"
>> >
>> > Besides the extra 'a' in the second occurrence the contexts do not
>> seem
>> > very helpful for translation. Are they intended to be useful or are
>> they
>> > technically meant for something else?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Frederik
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems that such meaningless context differentiation is inevitable for
>> Qt/TS extraction. :(
>>
>> Moreover, extraction and translations for Zanshin are now heavily
>> broken.
>> i18n() calls are not extracted and zanshin.po with them was removed.
>>
> No.

I thought, yes. ;)

Just to clear up what I'm talking about.

https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=zanshin.git&a=blob&f=Messages.sh&o=plain

#! /usr/bin/env bash
$EXTRACTRC `find . -name \*.rc` >> rc.cpp
$EXTRACT_TR_STRINGS `find . -name \*.h -o -name \*.cpp -o -name \*.ui |
grep -v '/tests/'` -o $podir/zanshin_qt.pot
rm -f rc.cpp

So no extraction for KDE i18n() calls.

Blind test:

https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=zanshin.git&a=blob&f=src%2Fzanshin%2Fapp%2Faboutdata.cpp&o=plain

No extraction, as expected.

I might be wrong and it's a leftover like the full copy of libkdepim, but
who knows... ;)