List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Kwave, translated screenshots
From:       Thomas Eschenbacher <Thomas.Eschenbacher () gmx ! de>
Date:       2015-02-19 7:04:20

Hi all,

I have a question about translation of screenshots.

The special thing with Kwave is that the screenshots (e.g. of dialogs
and sub windows) can be auto-generated per script, as Kwave has internal
scripting capabilities (a prototoype implementation is already there and
I will check in the scripts within the next days).

Now the question is: how can I prevent translators from spending their
precious spare time in creating screenshots?

One reason why I would like to do the screenshots on my own or script
based is that I would like to make sure that screenshots look the same
across all languages. And of course the other reason is that I would
like to reduce the payload of translators, which have enough work
already in translating all those hundreds of messages.

As an alternative I could also offer to write a section in the handbook
about how to use the scripts for creating screenshots.

Is there some "official" way to communicate this (except this mailing list)?
For example some kind of "README.translators" or so that I can put
somewhere into the sources?

kind regards,
   Thomas