List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Arabic
From:       Abdelrahman Ayman <translations () sphinux ! org>
Date:       2014-04-06 19:42:15

*no it's not, the main problem is that they have got to much manpower! with
absolutely no Experience, and no Qualifications to check if they got what
is takes to be a translator, Especially when the translations is from a
latin-based language to an non latin-based language with so many Cultural
boundaries.*

*2014-04-06 16:47 GMT+02:00 Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org
<aacid@kde.org>>:*

> *El Divendres, 4 d'abril de 2014, a les 18:46:04, Abdelrahman Ayman va
> escriure: > *Please read the following on care:* Hi, thanks for sending
> this email. > > *Over the last few years, there is no Doubt that Arabeyes
> Team ((The *
>

> *> responsible of the Arabic Translation process in unix-like systems))
> has > been Extremely Lazy. actually what they do is simple, they collect =
> team > of some random completely non-Experienced Volunteers to translate
> The GUI > strings with absolutely no Qualifications or any thing, and the=
> do it ONLY > WHEN the Arabic Lang is under the Threat of being Deleted Fr=
om
> "K desktop > environment" or any other program/app, so, here you have it!
> they do > absolutely nothing more! and as a result: The Arabic Translatio=
> % has *
>

> *> never been over 50% in kde in the last few years * > > *The translatio=
> quality is VERY POOR (it takes a native to notice that) *
>

> *> with absolutely no Coordination between the Translatirs which results
> an > un-Coordinated GUI with a very very Literal Translation giveing no
> care for *

> *> the Cultural barriers.* > > *((e.g Laughing at your self in Arabic
> means folling your self, walking > phone in Arabic means cell phone))* > =
>
> *sometimes The Translation is The Same English word but in Arabic >
> characters despite the existence of an Arabic Translation* > > *((e.g
> "offset" in amor is translated as "=C7=E6=DD=D3=ED=CA" which is just the =
English > word