List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Time to split translations for KF5?
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-04-01 23:45:24

El Dimecres, 2 d'abril de 2014, a les 00:50:29, Alexander Potashev va
escriure:
> > 1) stable/l10n-kde4
> > modules kde* 4.13/4.14 except kde-workspace 4.11 + all stable extragear at
> > least until the end of this year
> >
> > 2) trunk/l10n-kde4
> > modules kde* master but without kde-workspace, which does not have a
> > "master" branch + extragear + playground
> >
> > 3) trunk/10n-kf5
> > let's start with frameworks(master), kde-workspace(master), plasma-
> > framework(master)(?) and kde-runtime(frameworks) when this module has been
> > splitted (will happen soon)
> > Each module/application, where development switches to a frameworks based
> > branch (kate, konsole, okteta) should be added here consecutively.
>
> Hi,
>
> For the record, it was mentioned by Martin Schlander on IRC that
> Lokalize cannot modify more than two branches simultaneously. But we
> will have more than two versions of konsole.po, okular.po, etc anyway.
>
> The directory structure suggested by Burkhard looks good for me. We
> can't do nothing much different, read below why.
>
> I think the term _branch_ should be defined as a collection with no
> more than one version of .po per package. Since there will soon be
> three versions of some of the files (e.g. konsole.po for KDE 4.13,
> same for KDE 4.14 and for KF 5.0), therefore we have to work with them
> as parts of three different _branches_.
>
> Again, Burkhard has suggested to place these three branches in
> stable/l10n-kde4, trunk/l10n-kde4 and trunk/10n-kf5. I'm not sure what
> exact directory structure Albert has in mind, but it's probably
> something like l10n-stable/, l10n-master/ and l10n-master/kf5/ which
> are still three branches, effectively.

No, what i have in mind is that there will only be ever two konsole.po you
want to translate, the stable one and the next stable one (that may be kde4 or
kf5 based but you should not care).

But that's me, everyone seems to be disagreeing with me :D

Cheers,
  Albert