List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translation verification: using diffs
From:       mvillarino <mvillarino () kde-espana ! es>
Date:       2013-06-02 23:31:49

> As pointed out, when there are small changes to many files,
> reviewing all the of them one by one may be tedious (and KDE
> does have lots of files). I can imagine that it may not be very
> difficult to extend Lokalize to 'Sync/merge' two different directories
> (or projects) instead of two different files, but since it does not
> have that feature yet, that task remains difficult.

You can mimic this with a Lokalize project with "base dir" and
"branches dir" swaped.
Branch would become either trunk of stable, depending of the
contributed files base, and "base dir" is a directory located at the
same level as "templates" or "your language", with the very same
internal structure as "templates", and where you shall put the
contributed files (my team mates usually do this heavenly).
Open the project tab, filter with "po$", and open one by one each file.
You should have "secondary sync" view opened.
Also, setting the toolbar with commands available in this view
contextual menu is nice.

Note: In order to get the sync done, it is sometimes necessary to
force a save operation in the contributed file, even if unmeaningful
(press a space, then delete it).