List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translation verification: using diffs
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2013-06-04 7:33:58

> [: mvillarino :]
> You can mimic this with a Lokalize project [...]

A little bit of contrast:

Contributors just commit when they want, without any review-related
additional constraints. PO files are as efficiently as possible transfered
around, there are no issues with number of files, there are no multiple
channels for handling files, there are no files sitting somewhere forgotten,
there are no limitations on which translation tools the contributors can
use.

At some moment, I want to do a review. I type one command, and after a
minute or so, I get a file listing paths of all PO files that need to be
reviewed, due to having changes since my last review. I type one command to
open those PO files at once in the editor of choice. With one key press I
step through messages flagged for review. In each flagged message, I see
highlighted differences in both the original and the translation since my
last review, no matter how many and whose commits there were in between. I
edit translations where necessary. Finally I close the editor, and type one
command to record my reviews and commit everything.

At some other moment, I want to release latest translations. I type one
command and let it run for some minutes, filling out trunk and stable
branches with new translations. Only messages with sufficient review are
allowed through. What is sufficient review for one contributor's edits, may
not be sufficient review for another contributor's edits. I can define this,
and I can change it retroactively.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)