List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translation Methods comparsion
From:       Leon Feng <rainofchaos () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-04-02 11:47:47

2013/4/1 Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemowiki@gmail.com>:
> Leon Feng, 01/04/2013 14:10:
> Not particularly big if TWN is used properly. Sure, if we onboarded langu=
age
> teams with big disagreements on what tools to use then it would be a big
> mess. But if everyone in a team uses the wiki, no burden exists; if someo=
ne
> translates offline via TWN without keeping PO files stuck for long times,
> risks are still low; if someone still commits directly to VCS; then thing=
> require more care and the team needs to decide how to handle conflicts.

Maybe I not make the problem clear:
Even if no one directly commit anything to PO VCS, the svn repo is
still under large automatic change because of the C++ source files
changing. And the result is the example below. The translation team
can not make any decision about it. Most of the time, po files change
is changed by coder, not by translator.

>> 1. import this empty message to translatewiki:
>> #: ..\..\..\abc.cpp:100
>> msgid "Editing post"
>> msgstr ""
>>
>> 2. Message translate and export to:
>> #: ..\..\..\admin\b2edit.php:100
>> msgid "Editing post"
>> msgstr "Edition d'un article"
>>
>> 3. When submit translated po, the file in the svn repo changed to:
>> #: ..\..\..\admin\b2edit.php:99
>> msgid "Editing post"
>> msgstr "Edition d'un article"
>>
>> Note only the line number changes, but it is actually a merge conflict
>> svn itself can not handle.
>>
>> Right now in zh_CN team we use the powerful lokalize to handle this issu=
e.
>> Do you have a existing method to automate this task?
>

> Translates adds its own identifier, msgctxt, so =96 when you upload the P=
O to
> it =96 it doesn't care at all that line number changed. Such conflicts ar=
e not
> even noticed. Of course if the translator used the online tool the proble=
> wouldn't exist at all.

I am not talking about import po to translationwiki, the exported po
is conflict with the new auto generated po because of C++ source file.
So it need conflict resolve before committed to svn repo.