List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translation Methods comparsion
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2013-04-01 15:14:01

Federico Leva (Nemo) wrote:

>>> No account could be suspended, because as Niklas said  «Nobody is going to
>>> share any keys with anyone. Translatewiki.net admins will commit all
>>> translations on regular intervals using their own keys » (2013-03-17 15:12:57).
>>> If you don't want commits to happen (yet), you don't give commit access and
>>> nothing starts. :)
>>
>> Again, does it mean that anyone, registered to translatewiki but not
>> registered as KDE Contributor can potentially commit to the KDE translation
>> repository because their contributions will be committed using the keys of
>> Translatewiki.net admins? If the Translatewiki.net admins are not checking the
>> translations, but simply synchronizing them, this is against the registration
>> rule I mentioned before, and a call for suspension of Translatewiki.net admin
>> keys.
>> Could you please clarify this point?
>
> Could you clarify what you mean *exactly* by "checking the translations"?

When Italian translators without commit rights send me a translation, I *at
least* read it to check for common mistakes, but also because if I'm going to
commit it, I'm somehow responsible for it. I could even check if the
translation was not done using, for example, google translator (which wouldbe
a violation of a number of terms of usage - and no, it's not something that
can't happen...) This is "checking the translations" for me.

If, as it seems, "a TWN admin" automagically performs the commit to the KDE
repository, this step will be missing, and I don't think it's doable.

If only translation reviewed or anyway approved by a known translator are
going it, it's a different story.

Ciao
--
Luigi