List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translation Methods comparsion
From:       "Federico Leva (Nemo)" <nemowiki () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-04-01 9:32:44

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay, 01/04/2013 10:45:
> On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Federico Leva (Nemo) wrote:
>> No. Translatewiki.net is designed so that translators mustn't worry about
>> such technicalities and anything but translation.
>
> I didn't say that translators needed to worry about it. I said that it
> would require a group of persons with privileges (perhaps of an admin)
> who could help monitor and fix errors. Unless of course TWN developers
> are planning to commit resources full time towards maintaining and
> administration of the set-up.

On TWN none of the "maintaining and administration" requires full time
effort. As I said, MediaWiki sync requires about 15 min per day.
I reviewed the workflow for the main offline and online translation
systems and most of the problems just don't exist at all with Translate;
you only have to think about actual translation work, and that happens
on wiki.

> The conversation till now doesn't make it clear whether the proposal
> is around (1) a separate/independent TWN instance for KDE L10n or, (2)
> adding the KDE projects into the existing TWN deployment. I had
> assumed the former.

It's (2). A separate MediaWiki+Translate instance is of course possible,
but you would have to set it up on your own and manage it, so I can't
imagine why you'd want that when TWN staff is so helpful and willing to
spend time for you.

Nemo