List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translating KDE with Translatewiki
From:       "Federico Leva (Nemo)" <nemowiki () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-03-22 20:43:59

Dashamir Hoxha, 22/03/2013 21:17:
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM, Federico Leva (Nemo)
> wrote:
>> Thanks Dashamir for your experience. I'm trying to understand more on
>> B-Translator.
>
> I am pleased that you are trying to understand more.
>
> To help your understanding, just keep in mind that
> B-Translator is meant to be a feedback collection tool
> (although its name seems to be a bit misleading).
> So, its goal is a little bit different from TranslateWiki
> and other online translation systems. This is why it
> has multiple suggestions and votes and other features
> that normally would be strange for a translation system.
>
> Its aim is not to replace any existing translation tools,
> but to bridge the gap between the translators and the
> users, to encourage users to get involved into the
> translation process by making small contributions,
> to facilitate discussions about translations, to build
> a community of people interested on translations,
> which is wider than just the translators, to advertise
> the translations and the translation process into the
> social networks and to attract people into this
> translation community.

Sure.

> If you have a look at https://l10n.org.al you may
> have a better idea of what I am trying to explain.

I did but it's a bit confusing with not knowing the language and all;
docs were more immediate for me.

> Of course it is not finished yet (although it is working),
> and there are a lot of things that can be improved,
> but I didn't give up yet, I am still working on it.
>
> In case that you would like to install a local copy,
> in order to test it better, it can be done easily, but
> still let me know so that I can help you.

Ok.

Looks like what I said. :)

>> presentation 4 months earlier, to collect more information in the meanwhile
>> and prepare a more complete proposal that will allow a constructive
>> discussion at Akademy and will hopefully provide some language teams with
>> something they'll like and find useful enough to adopt it.
>
> That's the correct attitude. Try to build something that people
> would like, and would enjoy using, and would be better than
> what they are currently using. But you cannot do it without
> first understanding how they are working currently.

That's what was being tried.
There was a misunderstanding due to the newsletter delivery being
scheduled for a moment a few hours before the page with more info was
expanded and clarified, I guess.

Nemo