List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translating KDE with Translatewiki
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2013-03-17 13:49:26

Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Could we please all calm down? This discussion should be constructive
> and so far it doesn't seem so, let me resume:
>
> [snip]
> It serves nobody to camp on their positions, somewhere there was an
> error in the choice of the communication means so let's take
> everything in here and see what we can do so that KDE has optimal
> translations with a minimum of time wasted.

Thank you Myriam: this exactly summarize what I wanted and I was going to
write (but I would have probably ended up saying the things in a wrong way).

As I wrote on this thread, a good solution for me would be to have the
translations (and templates) from the wikis (userbase) exported on SVN like
any other translation, always under "trunk". They could be grouped under their
own modules (so, as we have "kdelibs", "calligra" or "www" we could have
"userbase", etc). The templates won't be touched by scripty, and translations
would be reimported into the wiki. Every team could then choose to translate
directly using the wikis, as it happens now (so nothing would change from
their point of view) or close the translations on the wiki for those pages and
use only the po files.

Please note that this is not only a technical problem: there is first a design
and workflow problem, which will then used to shape the implementation.

Ciao
--
Luigi