List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Non text resources l10n
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2013-01-23 13:58:05

Hi,

Please read some answers below.

Wed, 23 Jan 2013 15:28:04 +0200 =C2=D5=CC=CF =CE=C1=D0=C9=D3=C1=CE=CF mv=
illarino  =

<mvillarino@kde-espana.es>:

> Good day,
>
> I'm trying again to start work on non text resources l10n. I've been
> reading http://techbase.kde.org/Localization/Tools/Lbundle_Check,
> tried to get the work done, and failed (as expected: I'm quite
> thick-headed).
>
> Well, I thing my problems come from the paragraph: "As it will become
> apparent below, to be able to track lbundle states, the translator
> (one of the coordinators) needs to have all the original counterparts
> to localized resources checked out from the KDE repository, and in the=

> same relative positions."
>
> I understand that the relevant places will be:
> - For text resources:
>       ~/Translation/KDE/trunk/l10n-support
>       ~/Translation/KDE/trunk/l10n-kde4/scripts
>       ~/Translation/KDE/trunk/l10n-kde4/templates
>       ~/Translation/KDE/trunk/l10n-kde4/xx #where xx is the language  =

> code.
>
> - For non-text resources:
>       ~/Translation/KDE/trunk/l10n-kde4/xx/data/extragear/accesibility=
/softwarepiece
>     # replace a11y for whatever other module
>        ~/Translation/KDE/trunk/l10n-kde4/xx/data/kdesomething/software=
piece
>              # same as above
>
> Then my questions are:
> a) How to check out "original counterparts to localized resources" ?

Each application and each resource has its own features so it is not eas=
y  =

to make a universal instruction.

The current list of resources with links to instructions can be found he=
re:

http://techbase.kde.org/Localization/List_of_Non-PO_Localizable_Resource=

> b) Once they are checked out. How can I get a thorough list of
> resources whose original counterpart is newer than the localized one?

The resources for the following applications should not be translated so=
  =

they are agnostic to the English resources changes:

Kanagram
KGeography
KHangMan
KLettres
Kajongg
Words

Kajongg (new sounds) and KTuberling (new themes) should be monitored for=
  =

updates separately.

> c) And a list of resources wich have an original counterpart but no
> localized one ? (to the relevant language)

If there are no localization you should see nothing in your  =

/trunk/l10n-kde4/xx/data/. That's simple.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri