List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Non text resources l10n
From:       mvillarino <mvillarino () kde-espana ! es>
Date:       2013-01-23 13:28:04

Good day,

I'm trying again to start work on non text resources l10n. I've been
reading http://techbase.kde.org/Localization/Tools/Lbundle_Check,
tried to get the work done, and failed (as expected: I'm quite
thick-headed).

Well, I thing my problems come from the paragraph: "As it will become
apparent below, to be able to track lbundle states, the translator
(one of the coordinators) needs to have all the original counterparts
to localized resources checked out from the KDE repository, and in the
same relative positions."

I understand that the relevant places will be:
- For text resources:
      ~/Translation/KDE/trunk/l10n-support
      ~/Translation/KDE/trunk/l10n-kde4/scripts
      ~/Translation/KDE/trunk/l10n-kde4/templates
      ~/Translation/KDE/trunk/l10n-kde4/xx #where xx is the language code.

- For non-text resources:
      ~/Translation/KDE/trunk/l10n-kde4/xx/data/extragear/accesibility/softwarepiece
    # replace a11y for whatever other module
       ~/Translation/KDE/trunk/l10n-kde4/xx/data/kdesomething/softwarepiece
             # same as above

Then my questions are:
a) How to check out "original counterparts to localized resources" ?
b) Once they are checked out. How can I get a thorough list of
resources whose original counterpart is newer than the localized one?
c) And a list of resources wich have an original counterpart but no
localized one ? (to the relevant language)

Kind regards,
Marcelino