List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Are new "trunk" l10n files ported to "stable"
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2012-02-17 14:25:41

=D0=BD=D0=B0=D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=81=D0=B0=D0=BD=D0=B5 Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:17:=
27 +0200, Abdalrahim Fakhouri  =

  =

> the svn, and I had to fix that manually, and write some scripts to hel=
p  =

> me do this.

If you use the latest templates from trunk and copy the translations int=
o  =

stable (just now, not in the arbitrary moment of time), commit them, the=
n  =

wait for scripty to parse the catalog, you will have your translations i=
n  =

place with no effort from your side. But please do not commit the files =
 =

which have no templates in stable (they just will not be processed).

>  2. Use Lokalize projects for secondary synchronization (Open your  =

> "stable"
>  project and use "trunk" as a "branch" catalog in project configuratio=
n,
> Ok, done; now :
>  then just copy all the translation from popup menu of "Secondary
>  synchronization" tool of each item of the project).
> For each item?! O.o we are talking about 93 files !! :S
> Messing up some files and then fixing them sound more sane to me! :'|

If you do not want to do this, you can do the merging by copying your  =

translations the do the scripty job manually:

http://l10n.kde.org/docs/translation-howto/check-gui.html

(See the note at the bottom of the page)

> There was no need to
>  do so if you would configure synchronization from the beginning.
>  How ??

I think that it is sometimes helpful to read the translation how-to:

http://l10n.kde.org/docs/translation-howto/index.html

;)

It is also helpful to ask before doing something to save some work in  =

future, especially when the advice is absolutely free. ;)

Best regards,
Yuri