List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Merging message catalogs
From:       David Jarvie <djarvie () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-07-31 0:07:53

I'd like to merge the following three catalogs together in master, without losing translations. The \
catalogs all relate to KAlarm's two Akonadi resources - one for each resource, and one for message \
strings common to both resources. I think it would be tidier to merge them, and it would also eliminate a \
couple of strings which are duplicated. Can you please either let me know what to do, or do it for me.

The catalogs concerned are:
    messages/kdepim/akonadi_kalarm_resource.pot
    messages/kdepim/akonadi_kalarm_dir_resource.pot
    messages/kdepim/akonadi_kalarm_resource_common.pot

Will the fact that there will be a different catalog structure in 4.7 branch and master mean that 4.7 \
translations for them won't be merged into master in future, or does the translation system take care of \
this? If translations won't be merged in future, would it be possible to merge the catalogs in 4.7 branch \
also?

Thanks,
--
David Jarvie.