List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Calligra/Flow and Dia stencils
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2011-02-16 11:20:52

> A Dimarts, 15 de febrer de 2011, Yuri Chornoivan va escriure:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Two days ago the names of converted Dia stencils appeared in
> > desktop_calligra.pot.
> >
> > It will be very convenient to avoid the time waste on translating the same
> > things twice, but some of the new Flow stencils have obscure, erroneous,
> > and misleading names (in opposite to their Dia counterparts).
> >
> > Is it technically possible to copy Dia names for stencils to Flow catalog?
>
> That is something to ask to the Flow developers i'd say.
>
> Albert

The answer form the developer (Yue Liu):

<quote>
I didn't convert dia sheets, just copied .shape file name. Stencil
names can be changed freely by modified by edit xx.desktop inside
flow/stencils/ in the source code. I'll investigate how to convert dia
sheets to the stencil description.
</quote>

If someone decided to translate the file in the current state, I would recommend to

1) Open the stencil sheet from Dia:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/sheets
(you can guess the file by the prefix of Flow stencil desktop filename).

2) Find object name, e.g.
<object name="chemeng - hx">
(It could be guessed from here that Flow "Name" is "Hx")
Find the corresponding Dia name, e.g.
<_description>Simple Heat Exchanger</_description> (you know, you know! ;) )

3) Open the translation of Dia to your language:
http://l10n.gnome.org/module/dia/

4) Copy and paste the translation of Dia name, e.g. translation for "Simple Heat \
Exchanger" in "Hx" field of Flow translation.

// Some might find that game of guesses very exciting. ;)

Or you can copy and paste the Dia description of stencil in the "Name" field of Flow \
desktop file as proposed by the developer. Many people will say "thank you" later on. \
;)