List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [RFC][IMPORTANT] Removing kdeqt.po
From:       Martin Schlander <martin.schlander () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-08-13 20:03:15

Fredag den 13. august 2010 20:08:20 skrev Frederik Schwarzer:
> [Martin Schlander - Freitag 13 August 2010 19:33:26]
> > Overall it seems to me the end result would be good for Qt, but bad for
> > KDE.
>
> I did not follow the whole discussion but there is one question
> that comes to my mind once in a while. I think someone answered
> it on IRC once but I cannot remember.
>
> In what cases is that translation used?
>
> Or more precisely. What would be the impact if a completely
> translated kdeqt.po meets a non-existant upstream translation
> in case the former one is exterminated?

Earlier today I tentatively removed my Qt translations to get an idea what
impact untranslated or inconsistently translated Qt would have on the user
experience.

So far I haven't noticed any difference except the translation of keys (ctrl,
shift, alt, enter etc.) is missing.

I didn't remove my phonon translations though, I'm unsure if only kdeqt.po is
in question, or also the phonon translations.