List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translations of 4.4 stable branch and trunk
From:       Alexander Potashev <aspotashev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-06-25 14:46:26

2010/6/25 H. İbrahim Güngör <ibrahim@pardus.org.tr>:
> Hello,
>
> We, as Pardus Linux team, are translating KDE 4.4 stable branch for a while. Are \
> there any mechanism that merge the stable branch's translations into trunk?
> We keep translating stable branch now, should we stop and translate trunk or not? \
> What is the correct workflow and what is your suggestions?

1. You can configure Lokalize to also make changes to stable branch
when you are translating a file from trunk/l10n-kde4/.
2. With Lokalize, you can also merge translations manually: open a
file in Lokalize (a .po file to merge into; from trunk/ in your case),
then click Sync->Open file for sync/merge to select a file to merge
from (this is going to be a file from stable branch if your stable
translations are more complete), then use shortcuts from "Sync" menu
to merge translations string-by-string.
3. Instead of committing stable translation to trunk and waiting for
Scripty to fix it, you can use msgmerge.

--
Alexander Potashev