List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Holiday data files
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2010-06-15 8:33:51

> [: John Layt :]
> If your country/language isn't currently included, please send me the
> details. For example, we have a Thailand file but only in English, not
> Thai.

Some people in my team are gearing up to define holidays for Serbia, country
code rs (and possibly part of Bosnia and Herzegovina, code ba). Given that
we also have variants by script and dialect, it would go:

  holiday_rs_sr
  holiday_rs_sr@latin
  holiday_rs_sr@ijekavian
  holiday_rs_sr@ijekavianlatin
  holiday_ba-rs_sr
  holiday_ba-rs_sr@latin
  holiday_ba-rs_sr@ijekavian
  holiday_ba-rs_sr@ijekavianlatin

(ba-rs stands for "Bosnia and Herzegovna - Republic of Srpska".) I hope @ in
file names is not going to cause some trouble?

Another matter is that of religious holidays. E.g. non-working days are
allotted for major religious holidays, but members of all major religions
can take them during their observance of such holidays. So the question is
how to handle this? Serbia's population is predominantly Christian Orthodox,
so I guess holiday_rs_sr should contain those religious holidays, but how
about others? Something like holiday_rs-catholic_sr, etc.?

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team