List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: GwenRename docbook
From:       Spiros Georgaras <sng () hellug ! gr>
Date:       2010-04-16 11:59:51

Hi everyone
Sorry fot the trouble and confusion I've caused

στις 16/04/2010 10:42 πμ, O/H Albert Astals Cid έγραψε:
> A Divendres, 16 d'abril de 2010, Yuri Chornoivan va escriure:
>> Hi!
>>
>> It seems that GwenRename is still alive [1]. ;)

and kicking :)

>> playground-utils/gwenrename contains docbook (/doc) in an unusual place
>> [2]. Thus this docbook is not available for translation.
>>
>> Is it worth to make it translatable?

I didn't know this was the wrong place to put the documentation. I have just
committed an update (fixing revision numbers and dates). After that the
documentation is up-to-date, usable, and ready to get translated. All
that's left is to move it to the right place; maybe Burkhard would be kind
enough to do it?

> Probably not, if you look at that webpage it says
>  - Added Czech (cs) translation, by Pavel Fric

The Changelog entry Albert refers to is dated 05/07/2009, some days before our
discussion on this list (on 09/07/2009) - please refer to
    http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=124716830626570&w=2

Ever since that discussion, I have been using kde-svn to get the translated po
files. Furthermore, all the affected teams had been contacted in order to sync
translations, and all translators had been informed that their work got in kde-svn

> And if you look at look at our svn the translation is not by that dude.

I am not responsible for the po file for the Czech (cs) team (or any other
team, for that matter), I don't know who the last translator is, or whose name
appears on the "About" dialog. I only know I use the latest version of the
file from kde-svn

> If you have time i'd like you to contact the author to give him a heads up of
> where he should be getting his translations from as he seems a bit confused
> and also checking the is releaseing the code from the KDE svn and not from
> somewhere else.
>
> If not tell me and i'll do it.
>
> Albert

As you can see I am not confused (well, at least not anymore, since Albert
helped me get thing in order, back in July 2009  :) )

>> Thanks in advance.
>> Yuri
>>
>> [1] http://opendesktop.org/content/show.php?content=11844
>> [2] http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/utils/gwenrename/doc/