List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: How to set up the translation group
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-03-23 18:56:16

A Dimarts, 23 de març de 2010, g.sora va escriure:
> [...]
> >> Hi,
> >> excuse me if I ask something it was surely answered somewhere in the
> >> past, but
> >> I would like to know exactly what to do in a correct way, just for not
> >> committing mistakes.
> >>
> >> I started the translation for interlingua a couple of weeks ago, now
> >> I have
> >> reached around 50% of kdelibs.
> >> I translated using lokalize as mai tool.
> >> Now those translations are on my pc.
> >> I would like to set up a proper environment  so that I can ask and
> >> looking for
> >> other collaborators.
> >> Of course my goal is to save my trunk translations so that I have not to
> >> depend on my pc and my work is available to modify from other people
> >> or just
> >> myself from other locations.
> >> So my question is: now what I have to do?
> >> Yes, I read around the documention, but I am a little confused, so,
> >> if it is
> >> possible, I ask for a hand helping me on exactly the right steps I
> >> have to do.
> >> Thank you
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > 0) You know interlingua, so you know where to find people who know
> > interlingua. Nobody knows this better than you. ;)
> >
> > 1) Try to meet the essentials with them.
> >
> > 2) When this will be done you can ask for inclusion to the KDE
> > official packages and announce your translation on forums to have more
> > potential translators.
> >
> > 3) You can ask for the mailing list to discuss translations and
> > distribute the new templates.
> >
> > 4) You can use Pology to keep translation consistent. You can use
> > Lokalize glossary to keep vital terms clean for all members.
> >
> > 5) You can ask somebody in the team to be reviewer. Reviewers should
> > never translate themselves but review the translations of other team
> > members.
> >
> > 6) You can ask for the language homepage on kde.org. You can translate
> > userbase.kde.org and techbase.kde.org.
> >
> > 7) You can control the translation on kde-apps.org and kdevelop.org.
> >
> > 8) But first, meet the essentials... ;)
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Yuri
>
> Hi, thank you.
> I announced translation on this forum, for the moment I am alone, but I
> do not despair. I got some answer from the starting point, so I was able
> to download a package some people made ready at kde.org.
> This was simple and I was able to use Lokalize. So I think to be at
> around point 3.
> Now that I have a draft, the problem, for me, is that I would like to be
> able to setup a group so that all this work will not be missing.
> My first draft translation started after I registered on kde and I got
> my first answer, so that I knew that the first step was to translate al
> least  90% of kdelibs.
> So I am looking how to go on on step 4-7.

Actually you are on step -1, you need to send me the kdelibs4.po file
translated at 90%. Once that is done you will get a SVN account so you can
store your work there, share it with others, can request for a mailing list to
coordinate with others, etc.

Albert