List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Amarok 2.1 trunk,
From:       Andrew Coles <andrew_coles () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2009-04-27 11:57:31

Just to clarify, this is what I did when the issue was reported on here; well, I \
didn't vote for it, but I created a simple patch to fetch the strings out of the \
script files (creating a bunch of I18N_NOOPs), and contacted the relevant amarok \
developers.  The trouble with patching in that way, though, is that it would only \
provide script translation for the scripts that come with amarok.  This would fix the \
bug, but wouldn't fix it very well - scripts included with amarok would have the \
luxury of translation, but those got from elsewhere would not.

Hence, longer term, the developers do really think it'd be neat to be able to bundle \
translations in with a script, and hook them in when the script is loaded.  They're \
favouring this nicer solution rather than just a quick patch for now, but the good \
news is that i18n is on their agenda - indeed, many of them aren't native English \
speakers - so your issue is not being ignored.  If you're a developer and want to \
help, get in touch with them - they're a friendly bunch.  I don't have time, sadly - \
I'm tied up with geolocation using known wireless access point locations.

Best,

Andrew