List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: XML errors
From:       Martin Schlander <martin.schlander () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-04-20 8:22:16

Mandag den 20. april 2009 09:26:06 skrev Karl Ove Hufthammer:
> Marek Laane:
> >> To see how to get this errors for yourself read the list too, "XML
> >> problems in messages and docmessages" probably the procedure is a bit
> >> outdated, ask if you can't sort it out.
> >
> > So, it means one has to use some text editor to achieve zero-status?
> > AFAIK specialized translations tools, i.e. Lokalize or KBabel don't show
> > commented strings...
>
> Indeed. For the Norwegian translators, these statistics are now useless.
> There is no way the translators are going to use a *text editor* to ‘fix'
> strings; it is challenging enough for them to start using Lokalize.

Come on. Don't tell me translators can't edit a plaintext file with KWrite or
Kate. Afterall they manage to use fullblown word processors don't they?

Besides I personally consider fixing xml-erros mostly a job for the
coordinator. It's too much work mailing po-files back and forth to fix one or
two xml-errors in a file.