List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    i18n problem in kmail
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2009-04-06 20:47:06

Hi List,

I'm currently trying to fix bug 188001.
At the first glance it looks easy to fix, but it isn't (at least not for me).

The problem is that a translatated string in kmail does not come from kmail.po
but it is taken from elsewhere. I have translated "Subject" to "Betreff", but
in kmail it appears as "Inhalt".
Usually i'd add context to the offending string and the problem goes away. Not
this time, the string already _has_ context (using I18N_NOOP2).

I'm not able to solve this problem with my poor programming skills. Can
someone help me?

The offending english string is "Subject" and you can find it in
trunk/kdepim/kmail/kmsearchpatternedit.cpp:55

Cheers
Thomas