List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: choqoK use of "dent"
From:       Sergiu Bivol <sergiu () ase ! md>
Date:       2009-03-26 8:43:55

În data de Joi 26 Martie 2009 10:30:06 Sveinn í Felli a scris:
> My language is quite conservative in this matter, we still
> use "ísskápur" (literally an "ice-shelf") which dates from
> before fridges had any compressors or electricity.

+1. If a new word is *invented*, it doesn't necessarily mean that it'll
survive. Moreover, "dent" is not a real word, it is something used only on one
website.

> If "dent" is absolutely necessary, then I think an
> explanation should be included in context help for both
> translators and users (tooltip).

+1
It would be possible to deal with "dent" or "tweet" in Romanian, as we
currently do with "blog" and many other words, but it would be nice to have
more common words.