List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Places names in kfile dialog untranslated?
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-12-10 23:22:22

A Dimecres 10 Desembre 2008, Burkhard Lück va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> in the german team we noticed that in recent trunk the names of the Places
> ("Home", "Network", "Root", Trash") in the kfile dialog are untranslated,
> this was ok in 4.1.
>
> Can anyone please check this with an another language?

Ok, dugg more on it, it's not a bug but a feature :D

Places names can be edited, so they are stored and later restored, except the
first time that they are created. If you ran kde untranslated they will never
ever again appear translated, remove
.kde/share/apps/kfileplaces/bookmarks.xml to "clear" it.

I can see how this sucks when changing languages et al, but i can't see how to
fix it keeping the feature of being able to edit them.

Albert