List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Adept 3 translation
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2008-10-24 14:28:40

Hi!

Who will be all these people?

Someone have to approve Ukrainian translation on LP (team have 34
members), but nobody does. Some Turkish translator commit Turkish
translation instead of Ukrainian and guess what have been done? Right,
Kubuntu 8.04 have been released with turkish-ukrainian translation...

You say that some qualified stuff will choose the right from wrong. But I
have another story. Ukrainian translation team of OOo has very qualified
coordinator, but he is so busy (he translates GNOME, Inkscape and dozen
other programs). OOo translation can be done through Pootle (another
workflow), but it takes about month to push my translation to server.
Right, coordinator was busy...

So, I say please don't break thing that works. Let Kubunters make
translation for themselves. I've already seen these translations in
Stellarium 0.10. LP2 other my dead body...

Best regards,
Yuri

Ukrainian translation team member

На Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:03:32 +0300, Vít Pelčák <v.pelcak@gmail.com>