List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Adept 3 translation
From:       "=?UTF-8?Q?V=C3=ADt_Pel=C4=8D=C3=A1k?=" <v.pelcak () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-24 13:26:47

I can't quite agree.

I do believe, that web interface would help. Not that it would be only
option, but additional.

Why? It would help with collaboration. Button "translate this app"
could be put into any KDE app and would point to KDE web interface
regardless distribution. Anyone could translate and then admins would
approve or repair.

Why not put this into life? It is much easier than searching for po
file, translating, searching for email address where to send it ....

Not every teacher of language (or any other person particularly
skillful in languages) can do this. It isn't good to prefer people,
who can do this above those who cannot, but in return are better in
translating.

It would make need for launchpad lower (just for distro specific
things) as many Ubuntu translators teams prefer cooperation with
upstream above launchpad.

--
Vit Pelcak