List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Greek (el) l10n team - First time translating docs...
From:       Burkhard =?utf-8?q?L=C3=BCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2008-08-19 14:59:52

Am Dienstag 19 August 2008 16:01:22 schrieb Spiros Georgaras:
> Hi all
>
> This is the first time someone from our team tries to translate docs, so
> please be kind...
>
> He has sent me his kturtle (kdeedu) po files and I have already comited
> them
>
> Now there are a couple of things I (he) would like to ask
>
> a. How do I convert these po files to docbook (for testing purposes)?

check the po-files with posieve.py check-xml-docbook4 and fix all xml errors

svn co l10n-kde4/documentation/
cd l10n-kde4
scripts/update_xml el kdeedu/kturtle

> found this: Building KDE's l10n Module
> [http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Localization/Building_KDE's_
>l10n_Module] but I think it has nothing to do with documentation
>
> b. He (the translator) tells me that the original (english) documentation
> contains some images.
> We probably have to "localize" them as well, but where shall we save them?
> I've looked at other teams' docmessages/kdeedu/ folder and I don't see any
> images in there...

Put the "localized" screenshot into el/docs/kdeedu/kturtle/, if they are
missing, automatically the englisch screenshots are used.

--
Burkhard Lück