List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Start Persian Old translation
From:       "Mohammad Ebrahim Mohammadi Panah" <mebrahim () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-05-29 20:59:00

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

Hi,
Isn't it better to help with the widely used Persian translation? It takes
much work in order to become usable by people. I suggest completing the
normal Persian (فارسی معیار) first. After it is complete and usable, we can
go for old Persian (if there is any benefit in it).
And I said "if there is any benefit in it". In my opinion KDE is translated
in order to become easier to use by non-English people. If Persian people
were easier with old Persian in contrast to normal Persian, they would use
it instead of normal Persian (=old was normal!). I don't mean we must never
translate KDE to old Persian, but I mean it has a very low priority.
I recommend helping with normal Persian (which is in need of volunteer
translators), at least for now!

--
Mohammad Ebrahim Mohammadi Panah