List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: backporting Plasma features and 4.0 translations
From:       Sébastien_Renard <Sebastien.Renard () digitalfox ! org>
Date:       2008-02-15 8:34:59

Le jeudi 14 février 2008, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
> hi all...

hi aaron,

> we'd like to backport a number of features in plasma from 4.1 (trunk/) into
> the 4.0 branch. some of these, particularly the panel configuration
> changes, will introduce a few new strings. we're talking on the order of
> one or two dozen (i count 11 in the panel configuraiton dialog, some of
> which are probably actually already translated elsewhere).
>
> we'd like to do one set of backports for 4.0.2 and then one final set for
> 4.0.3 in march.
>
> is this ok or will our vaunted l10n team string me up by my toes if we do
> this? =)
>
> p.s. i'm not on this list... CC's appreciated.

From the French team point of view there's no problem at all . Please do.

As stable is near 100% translated we are in the process of polishing and
debugging translations. So we have some resources for reasonable amount of
translations (<50) if you warn us (on this list) few days before tagging.

Moreover, as trunk is also partly translated, those new strings are maybe
already translated! I imagine scripty will catch that and put it
automagically with the fuzzy state.

Regards
--
Sébastien