List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Number formatting in kdelibs4
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-10-22 14:20:52

> [: Marek Laane :]
> 4) space is not used for ID code (essentially same as e.g. SS number in
> US), for decimal parts (i.e. 3,56786765), and for zip code/postal index.

Numerical IDs are covered in a different way, by putting <numid> tag around
the placeholder:

  msgid "%1 (port %2)"
  msgstr "%1% (порт <numid>%2</numid>)"

i.e. the programmer should have used it himself, but since this is still a
novelty... If there is no <numid>, the number is taken as an "amount", and
then the formats we are talking about are applied.

As for decimal numbers, as it is now, no format inserts any separators into
the decimal part.

> [: Marek Laane :]
> (Or is such system worth of "euro3"? :-) )

I'll call it "euro2ct" (for compact-thousand :), as the only difference to
ordinary space-separator is omitting it for numbers <= 9999.

Committed.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team