List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: On typo bugs, lazyness and so on
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2007-10-16 14:03:55

On Montag, 15. Oktober 2007, mvillarino wrote:
> Yesterday I found a minimal bug on desktop--kdebase.ppo, today I checked
> the websvn and found it there.
> It's just a capitalization mistake (ALT instead of Alt) at #:
> workspace/khotkeys/data/kde32b1.khotkeys:386
> I'm not goint to report it, when I started on kde4 I used to report typos,
> but these days I'm just too lazy, It take too much effort and time.
> First, I'm not always online, (in fact, never, justo to mail and update the
> working copy) so firing up bugs.kde.org is not a direct solution, second,
> not all of the programs are listed there, so it's quite easy to report
> against the wrong product (specially on the playground, and the header
> variabel report-bugs just says bugs.kde.org), third, as I'm not online,
> it's necessary to remember the bug till a moment when you're online, then
> check against head that it's still there and then report.
> It's just too whirly.
> Could this be improved somehow on kaider?

Kaider is used for translation of PO files. But those typos have to be fixed
in the programs source code. So we cannot use Kaider for this task.

You'd need to find someone to fix the sourcecode or you have to do it yourself
and commit it to SVN, if you don't want to write a bug report.

When I find a typo I usually fix it in the source and commit it - it's a quick
and good solution for small typos. If you encounter a bigger error you should
contact the programmer to make him aware of it and prevent further errors.

Cheers
Thomas